Call the shots on your healthcare costs. An HSA lets you save pre-tax dollars to pay for qualified medical expenses. Cash stored in an HSA earns a higher rate than standard savings — and you can withdraw money for health care costs as often as you like, tax-free.* Unlike with a Flexible Spending Account, there's no "use it or lose it" stipulation. Whatever you don't spend in one year rolls over to the next.
Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Greater personal control over healthcare management and expenses
- Prepare for qualified medical expenses
- Competitive, tiered rates
- Higher balances earn higher rates
- An HSA provides triple tax savings:
- Tax deductions when you contribute to your account
- Tax-free earnings through investment
- Tax-free withdrawals for qualified medical, dental, vision expenses, and more*
- Contributions are tax-free and can be made by you, your employer, or a third party
- Funds can be withdrawn at any time**
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum balance requirements
- Unused funds remain in account year after year; no "use it or lose it" policy
- Free online banking
- Free eStatements
- Free mobile banking
- Free HSA debit card
- Federally insured
- $100 minimum deposit to open
Most adults under 65 who are not enrolled in Medicare and are covered under a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) can qualify for an HSA, but it is up to the account holders to determine their own eligibility. Please contact your tax advisor for further eligibility requirements.
*Consult a tax advisor.
**You can withdraw funds at any time for any purpose. However, if funds are withdrawn for reasons other than qualified medical expenses, the amount withdrawn will be included as taxable income, and is subject to a 10% penalty.